And so it goes my son has to ask Curious mind, fragile and eager A four year old, want to know so much When he talks, as if he knows all Confidence in him overwhelms me He is such a darling, so innocent Selfishly I’m wishing, he’d be a kid, Even a little longer until my return.
My pretty daughter, she’s now nine Young but feels as if she’s old enough Fairy tales aren’t on her stories list Playing dolls isn’t cute, not anymore Gadget in her palm, singing tunes I can’t help but to look back in time She was just so tiny on my chest Not so long ago, as she sleeps Now all I could do is wonder who Who is that boy in her mind? If I could just tell her to be my baby, Even for a little longer until my return.
Just some days with my kids, soon I have to leave Count days turn to months, another year until my return.
0 Comments