In a hurry I rushed in to my car Picked the right key for ignition Pressed the accelerator hard Just, to abruptly hit the break There you were sitting on my drive way Crying your heart’s out Without asking, I know, another man Promised you heaven and earth Then dumped you in hell My mind’s shouting “you’d never learn” But my heart’s crushed with sympathy So I got out of the car Leaned over you and reached out my hand Called the office, I’ll be late I did not ask you why Instead I asked you who is he You answered me with sob Embraced me and leaned on my shoulder Then I stopped talking, hugged you tight After 4 years I’m about to go to work You stopped me on the drive way Gave me my lunch box And told me to be home by dinner We will celebrate the birthday Of our three year old son
0 Comments